Adventures in Etsy and Happy New Year!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

So, a while back now, I set up my own little shop on Etsy (the mecca for buying and selling handcrafted goods online).

I've sold a few things, and learned quite a lot more than I ever intended. For instance, in order to sell things in the states, you have to meet all sorts of crazy labeling regulations, and have to submit your goods for lead testing and phlatate testing. UGH!

So, I've ordered myself some fancy labels, which I'll admit, will make my products appear more professional. I have NO intention of going big time with my endeavors, I just want to make a little extra money for buying things for me :)

I've got a bunch of baby leggings listed, and two bunches more to list. I have to remember to list things daily, and at random times during the day, so that they stay at the front of the search pages.





I have my bedding sets, and custom listings posted, but I also have my sets in a local business here in Ladner. Fun times. If you'd told me that I would be selling a product in a real STORE, I never would have believed you, but here we are, and I don't quite know how I got here.



Really though, all I want is to be able to make some money while being able to spend time with Jakob, who is growing so quickly it's mind blowing. He's amazing, he's fast, he's funny. He's my everything!

I also started making baby slings, mostly because I wasn't happy with the ones that I paid a lot for. They never fit me quite right, so I made my own, and they seem cute enough, and I know they're well made enough to sell online too. We'll see. When my sleeping baby awakes from his nap, I think I'll put him in one to photograph for the site.

I can't believe it's the last day of 2009. This has been the fastest year of my life. Incredibly amazing, but so quick.

I hope you all had a wonderful, marvelous Holiday Season, and wish you all the best for 2010.

See you in the new year :)


No comments: