Reflecting on an incredible year :)

Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's 1pm on the Sunday before Christmas, and I'm putting the finishing touches on my last few projects before the holidays. It's funny seeing our house all decorated, while the ironing board is in the middle of the living room, and packages are sitting on the dining table. My son has taken it upon himself to pick up the strings from the floor (yay!) and put them on the tree (?? no tinsle needed over here, people!)

I can't believe how amazing 2010 has been. I had some personal ups and downs, but SusieCues did so much better than I could ever have imagined. I consider myself truly blessed to have stumbled across Etsy, and blogging, and all the wonderful people I`ve met over the past year. All in all, it`s played out to be one of the best years in memory for me.

Running a business, when you have no idea what you`re doing, presents quite the learning curve. I know so, so much more than I did at the beginning of the year, and I`m so looking forward to the new year, to new projects, new plans, and hopefully more customers. If I can beat this year`s 168 sales (almost a sale every two days!!) I will be over the moon.

While the house is still quiet, I`m going to get back to my sewing!!


No comments: