Sewing

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I do a lot of sewing...a LOT.

It pretty much takes up 99% of my free time (that is, time I don't have maternal obligations!) and as much as it frustrates me at times, when I don't have enough room, or I can't find my scissors for the 54321847th time in a row, it really is a fantastic way for me to spend my time.

I love creating these pieces. You take fabric, sew it in a few places, and POOF, it's something awesome. I love that process.

The other day I bought a TON of different fabrics, just for fun. I'm going to make a bunch of blankets to (hopefully) sell at the markets, along with minky sheets and changing pad covers. I think I'm going to stock a bunch of those things, they seem pretty popular, and make good gifts! I am going to attempt to bring my prop crib to set up an example of what can be custom ordered...

Ah, so many things to plan!

Hey, at least it gives me something to do :)


2 comments:

Beth said...

Let me know if you ever need help at one of the fair things, I'd be happy to sit there and act as your cashier or whatever for a couple hours!

Susanne said...

Oooh! That would be AWESOME.